IT’S A MIRACLE!
Amongst the hosts, Tony was first this week with 25 points, Jonathan was second with 18 while Andrew was third with 10 points. Ten weeks into Season Two Tony is in first with 21.2 points, Jonathan is in second with 18.7 points and Andrew is in third with 18.2.
Visit our scoreboard for a comprehensive list of results as well as an explanation of our scoring system. Play along at home, email or call your picks in before noon on Saturday and get on the board.
New movies debuting in wide release this weekend are Happy Feet Two and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part One).
Tony, Jonathan and Andrew are making the same picks again this week in a quest for an Oscar-season Golden Trifecta:
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
- Happy Feet 2
- The Immortals
- Jack and Jill
- Puss in Boots
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
7 replies on “Back Seat Box Office #61”
The problem this week isn’t really 1-2 but the rest of the list….
1) the shiny happy “vampire” movie, part 1- the question isn’t that it’s #1 this week, but for how many more weeks?
2) Happy Feet 2- I don’t know what it is about dancing penguins, but it seems to work (until next week at least, where major competition awaits.)
3) Immortals- it seemed to do well buzz-wise last week, so I’m guessing a 50% type fall- any more than that puts it in booted cat territory.
4) Puss in Boots- yes it should fall more than it has in previous weeks, but those falls are really small, and as I think Father Beast said earlier, it could even get #3. And I REFUSE to put it below what I’m forced to put in at #5.
5) Jack & Jill– I don’t get the appeal, I really don’t. Is there some need to see cross-dressing that is unserved among the movie-going audience? Do people somehow think two Adam Sandler characters are twice as nice? I really don’t want to pick this, but it would have to fall around 75% to get into the range I think J. Edgar will be in (and don’t think I didn’t almost pick that instead!) Sadly, that much of a drop I just can’t pretend will be.
I think I agree with BD this week …
1) Breaking Dawn – I’m not stupid
2) Happy Feet 2 – Never saw the first one, don’t intend to see this one (well theoretically some of my younger cousins could drag me to it at thanksgiving, but I’m going to try and take them to The Muppets)
3) Immortals – is dead to me. I saw this and didn’t like it.
4) Puss in Boots – The cat continues to purr along.
5) Jack and Jill – Unfortunately some people are going to be perfectly willing to see this movie for some reason… Shoot me if anyone tries to drag me along, please.
This feels like the week to lay up and go with the chalk (sports term). But the contrarian in me usually wins out…
1. Twilight: (whatevs)
2. Happy Feet 2 (my kids got scared during the 1st one – but they still want to see it)
3. Jack and Jill (just a feeling.. it might be gas)
4. The Immorals.. err. Immortals
5. Puss in Boots
Mrs. Beast and Menolly have the same picks this week, which are the same as the hosts. And no, they didn’t hear about you guys picks first. I get the feeling a lot of people are picking this way
1. Breaking Dawn pt. 1
2. Happy Feet 2
4. Jack And Jill
5. Puss In Boots
Oh no! Did I put those in too late?
Best line of the ‘cast -“Is it her face, or is she method acting? I think it is her FACE!”
Comedy gold, gentlemen. And for that reason, I love this podcast.
Looking at the estimates, it’s either going to be “golden trifecta’ or “Jeff’s a genius.”