BSP Episode 296: Manhattan
Release date – 4/25/1979
- Woody Allen
- Charles H. Joffe
- Woody Allen
- Marshall Brickman
- Woody Allen – Isaac Davis
- Diane Keaton – Mary Wilkie
- Michael Murphy – Yale Pollack
- Mariel Hemingway – Tracy
- Meryl Streep – Jill Davis
- Woody Allen the person vs. Woody Allen the Director/Actor.
- Also, Jerry Seinfeld.
- Jolie’s brief history of Woody Allen, Stand-up Comedian.
- Why not watch Crimes and Misdemeanors instead?
- Wait… Paul?
- Princess Bride reference!
- Somebody’s always making the duckface.
- The proper way to announce an affair in the 70’s.
- Cards Against Humanity. Because Cards Against Humanity.
- Oh, that’s right… there’s a movie to talk about.
- David’s lack of knowledge of New York landmarks.
- The discussion takes a slightly uncomfortable turn.
- Walking Dead.
- Movie talk! Not Woody Allen, but still.
- Lando’s pimp ship.
- Wang test.
Trivial bits ‘n pieces:
- Woody Allen disliked his work in Manhattan so much that he offered to direct another movie for United Artists if they would permanently shelf Manhattan. He later said, “At this point in my life, if this is the best I can do, they shouldn’t give me money to make movies.”
- This was also the most commercially successful film of his career.
- This is one of eight cinematic collaborations with Woody Allen and Diane Keaton.
- This is one of five cinematic collaborations with Woody Allen and Wallace Shawn.
Your Producers for this episode were:
This episode was recorded: 11/13/13