BSP Episode 309: The Lego Movie
Join the gang as they discuss the 2014 film The Lego Movie.
- Directed by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
- Written by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
- Starring Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, and a whole lot more
The Lego Movie is the breakout kids movie hit of 2014. It’s a CGI animated movie meant to imitate stop motion style and succeeds in pleasing nearly everyone. Kids liked it. Parents liked it. Non-parent adults liked it, too. It’s got a solid 96% on Rotten Tomatoes at present. The movie is the story of Emmet, tasked with saving the world after accidentally coming upon the relic that can stop the nefarious madman President Business.
- We’re done waiting for Darrell. That is, until he shows up.
- Cover your mouths when going into the room with the fire toilet.
- The story of said toilet fire. Strap in for this one, kids!
- See more adventures in watching that hottie Manu Bennett shirtless because David told you so.
- This movie is very well liked all around.
- David even liked “the heavy-handed whatevers at the end,” whatever that means.
- The movie was good, largely because the jokes landed solidly. Children’s movies need better jokes.
- $150 for a floppy drive for a Commodore 64? Really?
- “You turn it into a thing that becomes a thing and then it’s this reverberation of things.” David dropped this useful little knowledge bomb.
- Batman was so damn enjoyable in this movie.
- Wedgies are going out of style. Accept it.
- Stop treating dads like idiots in children’s movies and literature. We’re sick of it!
- The ending of the book It is weird. Pro tip (just the tip): stop talking about the ending. Just don’t.
- Chris Pratt looks good without a shirt on. There. I said it.
- Legends of the Hidden Temple really needs to come back.
- There were no dicks in the sixties???
- Jem is truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
Featured in this episode: