Join the gang as they discuss the 2013 film Wolf of Wall Street.
- Directed by Martin Scorsese
- Written by Terence Winter (screenplay), Jordan Belfort (book)
- Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler, Jon Bernthal
Wolf of Wall Street is the Oscar-nominated latest offering from Martin Scorsese offering a full cast of quality acting, an intense three hour running time, and drug consumption of various kinds. It’s a dramady, mixing over-the-top performances, black humor, and an intense amount of smarm. Wolf of Wall Street is based on the life of Jordan Belfort, a Wall Street con man who made an awful lot of money cheating investors out of their money.
- Trivia Night roundup: boozed fruit and terribly written questions.
- The lonely ladies of one-on-one ghost hunting.
- It’s a long movie but we don’t mind. It never lags and the pacing stays top-notch.
- The acting in this movie was spectacular, especially the nominated performance of Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Spoilers about How I Met Your Mother abound. Protect thine sensitive ears if your DVR is too full and you haven’t seen it yet. Or if you care.
- So what were Jordan Belfort’s crimes? Finance geekery abounds.
- Financial crime movies don’t often show you how the crime works. Perhaps it’s just because financial crime isn’t sexy.
- We found a new phase: the cerebral palsy phase.
- Why don’t people know how to use the burner cell phone? It’s like nobody’s seen The Wire.
- This movie’s profane, filthy, and a really good time. Pro tip (just the tip): we recommend it but you probably shouldn’t see it with your parents.
- When a dude buys you crack, that’s bro love.
Featured in this episode: