Join the gang as they discuss the 2014 film Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Directed by Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
- Written by Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
- Starring Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford, Cobie Smulders
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the sequel to 2011’s Captain America. This movie differs because it takes place in the linear storytelling of the Marvel Universe (which causes plot problems we discuss in the episode). In this movie, all previous movie story lines have happened and now Cap has to deal with the possible return of Hydra, being hunted down by SHIELD, and a mysterious dude that keeps showing up with a scary mask, a fake arm, and a need to kill. Also, for MMA nerds (Jolie and all two others of you), Georges St-Pierre shows up. You’re welcome.
- Warning! More How I Met Your Mother spoilers.
- Some of the nerdier among us had a problem with the continuity issues with the Marvel Universe story line. Some of us, however, didn’t notice.
- Is this a big, topical NSA allegory? Probably not but let’s discuss.
- David’s brilliant idea: this movie is the sequel to Sneakers. You know, with Robert Redford? Yeah, go see that.
- Doesn’t Cap need to bang somebody soon?
- Is Willem Dafoe playing Satan or is it the other way around?
- Despite the complaints, we generally liked this movie. It’s still a lot of fun to watch.
- If you’re playing at home, both yoga pants and scissoring are mentioned.
Featured in this episode:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS