Join the gang as they discuss the 1993 film Super Mario Bros.
- Directed by Annabel Jankel, Rocky Morton
- Written by Parker Bennett, Terry Runte, Ed Solomon
- Starring Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, Dennis Hopper, Samantha Mathis
Super Mario Bros. is the ill-conceived film adaptation of the ever-popular Nintendo platformer game of the same name. One could argue that the movie’s storyline mimics that of the video game. Maybe. Super Mario Bros. tells the story of Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, plumbers in pre-hipster Brooklyn who meet an adorable blonde girl who just happens to be in charge of a dig for dinosaur bones in the city. Also, there’s a different dimension filled with lizard people. Also, there’s a dude who’s turned into fungus. Also, Dennis Hopper does some top-notch overacting. This movie was a bomb and critical failure and is probably best enjoyed whilst drinking which is apparently how John Leguizamo and Bob Hoskins made it through filming.
- No discussion of Super Mario Bros. is complete without discussing the 1993 Ron Jeremy classic Super Hornio Brothers, SFW clips of which are available on YouTube and I highly recommend you find them.
- When was the first time you saw this movie? How much did you like it then? Let’s talk about it.
- This move is terrible. Just awful.
- Ben Kingsley will probably do any movie. Just ask him.
- Nerd orgy with plenty of Diablo and WOW talk.
- Some of us demand far more naked reality shows, but only some of us.
Featured in this episode: