Join the gang as they discuss the 1997 film Boogie Nights.
- Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Written by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Starring Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds, Heather Graham, John C. Reilly, Don Cheadle, William H. Macy, Luis Guzmán
Boogie Nights is the 1997 breakout success from Paul Thomas Anderson, famous for his long, dramatic movies about the human condition (Magnolia, The Master, and There Will Be Blood followed Boogie Nights in fulfilling PTA’s dream of bleak and strange worlds in a 2+ hour running time). Considered maybe one of PTA’s best movies, Boogie Nights tells the story of Dirk Diggler, based loosely on the real-life story of John Holmes, a busboy in L.A. who turns into a porn star in the ’70s, ends up with a drug habit, and turns to crime on some poor advice from “friends” who are energetic and sniffle a lot.
- Sausagefest is still coming. Don’t forget to donate. Because bewbs.
- Starting off with football talk because it’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- The consensus is that the movie is well acted, technically brilliant, and receives bonus points for having Luis Guzmán.
- The upsides of global warming and global destruction!
- Neil Degrasse Tyson has a soothing mustache.
Featured in this episode: