BSP Episode 334c: In A World… – Voice Only/Mono
It’s another guitarcast! Tony on the bass and
Adam David on guitar. If this is your first time, this is the one that sounds the closest to a regular episode. Enjoy!
There are 3 different versions of this episode.
- Version A: Split Audio/Stereo – If you listen to this version, you’ll hear our voices in your left ear and the guitars in the right.
- Version B: Mixed Audio/Mono – If you listen to this version, you’ll hear both our voices and the music in either ear (or both).
- Version C: Voice Only/Mono (This Version) – If you listen to this version, you’ll hear just our voices. This one is shorter because I cut out the pauses where we are playing our instruments. You might also hear some background string plucking that our vocal mics picked up.
Join the gang as they discuss the 2013 film In a World.
- Directed by Lake Bell
- Written by Lake Bell
- Starring Lake Bell, Fred Melamed, Rob Corddry, Ken Marino, Demitri Martin, Nick Offerman
In a World is the writing and directing debut from Lake Bell, super-cute and funny chick who you’ve seen as the best friend in terrible romantic comedies, Children’s Hospital, and more. She stars as Carol, a voice coach who wants to come out from behind her successful father’s shadow and break into the movie trailer business, specifically the use of the famous movie trailer phrase “In a world…” made famous by Don LaFontaine.
- Thoughts on the movie? The premise was good but, you know, not great. It’s a little sitcom-y.
- Halloween and stuff.
- Moustache-less Nick Offerman will haunt your dreams.
- Voter turnout: were you aware that, in Washington state, we vote by mail? It’s pretty sweet. Write your legislator and ask for this because it improves voting by a million percent. Science!
- Hot network TV talk for nerds.
- Hot calculus talk for those of you who WEREN’T English majors.
Featured in this episode: