Release date – 11/21/2012
20th Century Fox
Directed – Ang Lee
Produced by – Ang Lee, Gil Netter, David Womack
Screenplay by – David Magee
Based on Life of Pi by Yann Martell
Suraj Sharma – Piscine “Pi” Molitor, age 16
Irfan Khan – Pi, adult
Tabu – Gita Patel
- The list of upcoming movie reviews… connect the, umm, dots.
- Deuce (via email) – amazing!
- Tony – visuals lacking & animal special effects, not so good.
- Darrell – blown away, stunning visuals.
- David – liked it, but some aspects turned him off.
- A visually well told story.
- This movie damns religion (although not really about religion)… listen to find out why.
- Which story do we want to believe? NOT which story is true?
- Nature or humanity?
- Is human nature inherently good or evil?
- I need more tiger.
- Best scene… pee on the tarp, spray on his face.
- Is Gerard Depardieu the most recognizable name to US audiences?
- A brief trip into Great Gatsby land.
- Bad movie going experiences.
- 86% of the tiger shots were CGI, the rest (23 shorts) were real. Some of the real tiger scenes were when Richard Parker was swimming in the water and couldn’t get back in without Pi’s help, most of the scenes where Pi is training the tiger with a stick and when the tiger scratches his claws on the hatch below.
- Tabu and Irrgan Khan, who played mother and son in this film, previously played husband and wife in the film The Namesake.
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Original Score
Your Producers for this episode were:
This episode was recorded: 5/1/13
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS