Release date – 12/25/2012
The Weinstein Company
Directed and Written by
- Quentin Tarantino
- Stacey Sher
- Reginald Hudlin
- Pilar Savone
- Django Freeman
- Dr. King Schultz
- Calvin J. Candie
- Broomhilda Von Shaft
- Screwed up movie, but very good and entertaining.
- Not really a western; more of a revenge picture.
- The movie is described in sex/orgasm terms. Betcha didn’t see that coming!
- Christoph Waltz… GREAT!
- Hey, it’s Jonah Hill.
- Brilliant music choices.
- Samuel L. Jackson with hair – not to be trusted.
- Jamie Foxx’s best scene was where he is the Mandingo fighting expert.
- Discussions of Spike Lee claiming the movie is racist.
- The blood spatter was a bit too much.
- Leading vs. Supporting Actors.
- The dog scene… what about the dog scene?
- “The D is silent; payback won’t be.”
- Kerry Washington – “If there’s an award you can get for being less than a supporting actor… “
- Best Extra in a Movie.
- All in all, the hosts really liked the movie.
Trivia bits ‘n pieces:
- While filming in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Tarantino rented out a local movie theater to show samurai and western movies from his personal collection.
- Foxx used his own horse, Cheetah, in the movie.
- This was Jackson’s sixth collaboration being directed by Tarantino: True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained.
- Quentin revealed at Comic-Con that Django and Broomhilda are meant to be the great-great-great-grandparents of John Shaft.
- The n-word (or abbreviations of it) are said over 110 times in the movie.
Awards (partial list):
- Academy Awards – Best Supporting Actor (Waltz)
- BAFTA – Best Supporting Actor
- Golden Globes – Best Original Screenplay (Tarantino), Best Supporting Actor
- American Film Institute named Django Unchained was named one of their Top Ten Movies of the Year (2012)
*Christoph Waltz: this is the 2nd time Waltz has won the same three awards… the 1st was for Inglorious Basterds (also a Tarantino film)
Your Producers for this episode were:
This episode was recorded: 5/29/13