BSP Episode 318: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Join the gang as they discuss the 2014 film The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Directed by Marc Webb
- Written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner
- Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the follow-up to the follow-up of the Spider-Man franchise. Not to be confused with the three Spider-Man movies of about a decade ago, this reboot start Andrew Garfield, the still wise-cracking young kid who get bitten by a mutated spider and blah, blah, blah, Spider-Man happens, though this time flashier, quippier, and hunkier than in the Sam Raimi version of the story. In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Spidey and Emma Stone’s Gwen Stacy discover the sinister powers of Electro, the maddening of one Harry Osborn, and why it’s probably best to stay away from Paul Giamatti if he’s got head tattoos.
- On Archon and the epic racism saga.
- Except for a few stragglers, this movie was well-hated, sometimes with passion.
- Is this movie really a Schumacher-era Batman movie?
- Sony ruined Spider-man. There. We said it.
- No discussion of the Amazing Spider-Man reboot is complete without talking about the last Spider-Man reboot. You know, that one that just came out a decade ago.
- Surprise, surprise, this movie has inconsistencies in storytelling.
Featured in this episode: