Join the gang as they discuss the 1990 film Awakenings.
- Directed by Penny Marshall
- Written by Steven Zaillian
- Starring Robert De Niro, Robin Williams, John Heard, Julie Kavner
Awakenings is the tearjerking offering from Penny Marshall all about what it means to get your life back and then lose it again, plenty of sad stuff especially now that Robin Williams is gone. Awakenings tells the story of a doctor who uses a drug on catatonic patients to make them mobile again, only to find that the drug has a limited window of time to work and thus all the patients eventually go back to their previous state. Based on Oliver Sacks’s book of the same name, Awakenings was nominated for three Academy Awards and garnernered high praise among critics. Also tissues. Mountains and mountains of tissues. Because tears. Tears, I say!
- Sausagefest is still coming. Don’t forget to donate. Because bewbs.
- Sadly, this is a Recently Dead Guy podcast with the tragic passing of Robin Williams.
- This one is a weepy movie. Brace yourself.
- Spielberg was at one time attached to this movie and the movie retains that feeling.
- Robin Williams and Robert De Niro are great actors. We’re just going to keep restating the obvious because it’s true.
- Do the ice ball challenge for a good cause!
Featured in this episode: