Back Seat Book Club – Book Twenty-Four: American Psycho
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
Plot Summary – Patrick Bateman is handsome, well educated, intelligent. He works by day on Wall Street earning a fortune to complement the one he was born with. His nights he spends in ways we cannot begin to fathom. He is twenty-six years old and living his own American Dream.
- White People Problems.
- Everybody Got AIDS an’ Shit.
- It’s all a metaphor for society.
- Name Dropping.
- No characters, barely.
- Scott Writes a better sequel.
- Dick Measuring by proxy stereos.
- 80’s nostalgia that’s still relevant and applicable. for once.
- not picky enough about the murdering and cannibalism.
“All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit but look great.”
Next Time: Seconds by Brian Lee O’Malley